BTEC (Level 7) Professional Qualifications in Strategic Management and Leadership
Designed to provide focused and specialist vocational short courses, linked to professional body requirements and National Occupational Standards where appropriate, with a clear work-related emphasis. The qualifications provide short vocational programmes of study that meet the individual needs of learners. There is a strong emphasis on practical skills development alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding in the sector.
To achieve the whole qualification, a learner must successfully complete 10 units (core and specialist units). A minimum of 10 units must be passed. SBM has preselected the units to teach, keeping all of the requirements in mind. The selection of the specialist units have been carefully chosen with a deliberate and concise focus on management strategy. This is to enable students to have an insight into how core organizational systems contribute to managerial effectiveness to enable the realization of strategic objectives. Unit combination at present on offer is as follows:
The Qualification Offers
- Maximum flexibility with a range of different-sized Level 7 programmes
- The opportunity to certificate smaller blocks of learning designed to motivate learners and encourage widening participation in education and training
- Courses that relate to the particular training and employment patterns in a sector
- Courses that may offer preparation for specific jobs when in employment
- The opportunity to use a range of delivery methods
- Opportunities for learners to develop skills that support career and professional development
BTEC Professional qualifications are designed to meet a range of different needs.